Can you imagine a world without lakes, forests, and fresh air? Since the dawn of time, humans have sought a connection with nature. For many, the experience of being in nature brings peace, clarity, and joy. Furthermore, we depend on natural resources as a society for food, building materials, energy, and much of our daily lives.
That’s why it so frightening to live in a world where natural spaces are vanishing rapidly. Every year, an estimated 18 million acres of forest are lost due to deforestation.1 Unless we, as a society, change our patterns of behavior, the natural world as we know it will cease to exist.
Creating a sustainable world starts with making environmentally friendly decisions in our daily lives, at home and at work. By purchasing multi purpose furniture for your school, coworking office, or library that can be reused and adapted continually, you are helping to conserve precious natural resources and are protecting the environment.
Reuse of Natural Resources is Key.
We’re all familiar with the mantra “reduce, reuse, recycle.” Many of us go out of our way to purchase recycled goods, sort our trash, and support eco-friendly businesses. While recycling is crucial, it’s half of the battle. In order for the “Three R’s” model to work, we need to limit our material consumption and reuse products as much as possible.
This is where multi-purpose furniture comes into play. Multi-purpose furniture is furniture that can continually be reused and adapted throughout its lifetime to meet evolving needs. By reusing one piece of furniture for a variety of purposes instead of buying multiple items, businesses can reduce their environmental impact.
For example, a conference table on wheels may also be used as a buffet table. Room dividers with shelving may also be used to store books, tools, or supplies. Less furniture is needed for one building and therefore fewer natural resources are used.
How the Supple Collection Is Environmentally Friendly
At the Supple Collection, protecting the environment is always at the top of our priorities. Our design and fabrication team works together to create products that are eco-friendly as well as easy and convenient to use. Here are a few factors that make our furniture a more sustainable alternative:
- Durability – Our furniture is designed to be highly durable so that it can be used for an extensive period of time. Eliminating the need for replacement reduces resource consumption.
- Recycled materials – The Supple Collection is created from recycled and responsibly sourced materials to reduce environmental impact.
- Adaptability – Multi-purpose furniture can be used throughout the lifetime of a building for a variety of events and occasions. Our pieces are multi-modal and adaptable, providing flexibility for learning environments.
- Life cycle – When designing new products, we measure their environmental impact by looking at the entire life. We continually look for ways to improve our furniture and make it more eco-friendly.
When you purchase multi-purpose furniture from the Supple Collection for your coworking office, library, or school, you are doing your part to protect the environment.
Get More Information
Are you looking for ways to make your office, school, or library more eco-friendly? Would you like help with designing your learning space? We’d love to have a conversation with you! Contact us today to get more information on our furniture or speak to a member of our design team.
1. Alina Bradford, “Deforestation: Facts, Causes & Effects”, Live Science, 2018, https://www.livescience.com/27692-deforestation.html.